[plug] Whoever is bored...

Paul Arch paul at sdmgroup.com.au
Tue Mar 23 12:45:31 WST 2004

> Beats the hell out of attempting to stuff a micro atx board into the
> dash of my van, now all I need is a way to make some sound...

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php3?module=usb-audio

Shouldnt be too hard to find something ?

> See, that's the whole ball game, the idea of asking a hard question is
> to keep it hard, but by telling us what the answer is, there's no fun to
> be had...
Yeah, but its hard to contain the excitement - its a pretty cool device.

> Over to other things to relieve the boredom, how do you talk to the
> thing?

Terminal program, since it looks like the output/console is directed to
ttyS0.

There is a daughter board with this thing that has two serial ports and USB
brought out onto it (plus DC plug connector).
 I havent powered it up yet, since I need to clean the desk and get 3.5vDC
(plus some wire soldering ;) )

Unfortunately the signals from the gumstix CPU are brought out by a crap
molex connected, and the daugherboard 'sandwiches' up against this connecter
to make contact - not very nice, but I suppose it works.

The board also has I2C for anyone who is interested.

cheers