BankWest (was: Re: [plug] Standards)

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Mar 23 21:03:25 WST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 20:02, James Devenish wrote:
> In message <200403231955.02464 at death.2.spammers>
> on Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 07:55:02PM +0800, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> > requested that I email program source code in DOC format
>
> I adore (loath) that nomenclature -- "DOC" isn't even the name of a
> format! Nor are "TIF" and "JPG"!

Here, I'm lucky if I get the 'format' on the end. "Craig, I've got a DOC
from <customer>... they say it is their ad with their logos in it, but
when I open it up it looks weird," or often "Craig, I've got this DOC
logo - can you save it so Production can open it?".

*arrrggghhhh*.

The number of people who, when asked for an image file, drag an image
into MS Word and email the resulting MS Word document never ceases to
astound me.

> > Which I'll probably do exactly as requested; turn it into a JPEG,
> > then paste it into a document with OpenOffice, then save as Wierd
> > format. :-)

I suspect the result will be "your Linux-format DOC file crashed my
computer..."

Craig Ringer