[plug] Re: BankWest

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Tue Mar 23 23:28:45 WST 2004

Commonwealth Bank at least acknowledge Linux users on their Netbank page:

http://www.commbank.com.au/NetBank/Apply/

And if you follow the link to here:

http://www.commbank.com.au/NetBank/Support/default.asp?m=GeneralNonWindowsUsers

You get:

    *When will you support other operating systems?*

    The Commonwealth Bank recognises the need for *Net*Bank to work on
    as many computer platforms as possible.

    That is why we have introduced a browser based Internet banking
    solution which works on multiple operating systems.

    Although we only offer technical support for Macintosh and Windows
    users, customer feedback has confirmed that *Net*Bank is compatible
    with some other operating systems.

    If you are using an operating system other than Windows or Macintosh
    OS:

        * Obtain the latest browser version available for your operating
          system - preferably Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape
          Navigator
        * Obtain the latest Java Virtual Machine available for your
          operating system
        * Ensure JavaScript and 128-bit encryption are enabled This may
          allow you to access some if not all of the features available
          in *Net*Bank.

Not just a plain flat "use IE because it am teh_r0x because billy boy
illegally bundled it with windows".

I've used CBA's Netbank under Linux before (using Mozilla) and didn't
notice any abnormalities at all.  It worked perfectly from my use of it.

/ Ben