[plug] kernel programming

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Wed Mar 24 00:14:38 WST 2004

clib stuff etc isnt available in kernel.

You can think of your codes interaction with the kernel like this.

code.c - > c lib headers - > c library - > kernel.

so the problem is , if you stick code.c in the kernel, the c lib headers
are on the wrong side of the c library!

Solution: Not use any includes!!!!! ( I know. its pretty drastic! But
thats life).

Also, I wouldnt expect any c++ to be usefull in kernel code. Its just the
wrong planet altogether :(

"Must not Sleep! Must warn others!"
-Aesop.
Shayne O'Neill. Indymedia. Fun.