[plug] busted upgrade

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Mar 24 14:58:52 WST 2004

In message <1080108258.2279.13.camel at Shambhala>
on Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 02:04:18PM +0800, Sham Chukoury wrote:
> > I have changed the perl ?
[...]
> Hmm, I don't remember ever doing something like this when upgrading to
> unstable.

I have no idea what's happened to Steve's system, but I do recall some
situation, described on this list, where he removed perl. The machine
has had various inexplicable difficulties (with kernels, too), but I'm
not sure if those are entirely explained either. In any case, it now
seems par for the course that there will be a variety of troubles. It
will be interesting to find out whether the suggestions posted in this
thread (or Steve's own tinkering) will lead to some kind of resolution
-- I would be surprised to hear that a system could be muddled
irreparably!

> If all else fails, fire up "lynx www.google.com.au". ;)

Don't forget to `alias lynx=w3m`, too! :-P