[plug] VOIP setup for Linux network

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Wed Mar 24 23:31:51 WST 2004

It may take me a little while to learn how to set this all up with
Asterix (and possibly be embarrassing for Linux and I when dealing with
the provider if I have trouble) so I will probably just rent some extra
IPs from arachnet and
use a Cisco phone. I will come back to Asterix because there is some
other stuff I want to implement.

My one question at the moment related to how I should setup the
firewall?

Do I have a DMZ and put the Cisco IP phone with the static IP in there?
If not how else would I set it up?

thanks,

Chris Caston

--
Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.