[plug] server keeps dropping out

Mark O'Shea mark at musicalstoat.co.uk
Thu Mar 25 11:56:49 WST 2004

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Craig Ringer wrote:

> > If so then it may well be the NICs that are giving you woes.
>
> I didn't notice that, but now that you point it out I'd have to agree.
> I've never had much luck with the FA310TX (whatever variant I have; they
> seem to reuse the model number while changing chips) and actually prefer
> RealTek over them.

Well, cards using the RealTek 8139 are the ones that I've seen do this
more than any other.  But I  suspect that more work has gone into the
drivers for these, they seem to use the software to work around the fact
that (as I recall) these chips try to fit square frames into round holes.

Regards,
--
Mark O'Shea