[plug] stripping potentially nasty attachments

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Fri Mar 26 23:12:54 WST 2004

The setup I've got on my work's mail server is with Postfix +
amavisd-new + Spamassassin + A/V.

In amavis, it has a set of banned file types and it'll look within zip
files to see what type of files are in them.  I've got my work's mail
server to reject banned file types (exe pif etc.).  So even if the A/V
hasn't got defs to pick up some new virus, it'll zap any windows related
nasty executables of any type before they get any further anyway.

/ Ben