[plug] stripping potentially nasty attachments

Garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Sat Mar 27 13:56:25 WST 2004

> Remember that virus and virii have been around a lot longer than
> computers and that the context is medical as in infection and
> proliferation.
>
> Computing "stole" the idea and notion from medicine, so let it be done
> properly.

I'm with you Alex. I believe it is virii. The "common use" additions to
dictionaries are too swift, regional and trendy, IMHO.

But then I've been guilt of using "boxen" which I *think* is from
german. Even if I used it in jest..

I guess it says a lot about Linux when we are collectively not sure of
how to spell the plural of virus.. 8^)==

Garry