[plug] stripping potentially nasty attachments

Alex Polglaze apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au
Sat Mar 27 17:13:50 WST 2004

skribe wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 13:56, Garry wrote:
>

>>I'm with you Alex. I believe it is virii.
>

> Here's a good article, by Tom Christiansen no less, explaining why it isn't
> virii:
>
> http://www.perl.com/language/misc/virus.html

A good article indeed.

Reading it, at length, it basically says that the Romans had no plural for this
noun.

Now that is interesting in the current context because that means that there is
really only one virus in existence, and that my friends,

is called,

MicroSoft!

Sorry just couldn't help myself :-)

Obviously, the Romans were more far sighted than we originally thought.

Alex