[plug] Help setting up Apache/PHP on Debian

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Sun Mar 28 07:55:49 WST 2004

Hello Chris,

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, Chris Caston wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to test an open source CRM package called Leopard that I
> downloaded from sf.net
>
> It requires (amongst other things) Apache with PHP modules.

    <snip>

> I have also modified the apache httpd.conf file
>
> to try and LoadModule and AddType

What happens if you try write and run the "Hello World" PHP code found in
the PHP intro?  [Find it here...
http://au.php.net/manual/en/tutorial.firstpage.php]

If that works okay then at least you know the "blame" is not with
Apache+PHP.   I would then start looking at the Leopard code to
see if they deliver out-of-the-box with permissions NOT set to execute -
for ensuring people read and follow config instructions for instance.

By the way, I notice in your .conf file that the line
#AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
remains commented.   If your Leopard code is .php3 files that could be a
possibility.   I didn't see any reference to adding a type of .php but I
might have missed it :-(

HTH,
Denis