[plug] Help setting up Apache/PHP on Debian

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Sun Mar 28 11:55:37 WST 2004

Thanks everyone for your help I've got php4 working now but I still have
a problem with it not being able to access the database and of course I
don't know how to use MySQL...

Whats the commands for adding a user account and setting the hostname?

thanks,

Chris

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 10:52, James Devenish wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Releases of new software should really avoid PHP3 and provide specific
> advice if PHP3 is required. So, when in doubt, I would suggest
> installing PHP4.
>
> In message <1080408204.13895.3.camel at localhost>
> on Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 01:23:25AM +0800, Ryan wrote:
> > > http://www.arach.net.au/~pcaston/httpd.conf
> > < AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
> > >     AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php
>
> Ryan's advice looks very sound. The PHP 3 module provides a handler for
> application/x-httpd-php3, whereas PHP 4 and PHP 5 provide handlers for
> application/x-httpd-php. Also, note that if Leopard's files end with a
> ".php" extension, this likely to indicate that PHP 4 is required
> (otherwise, the extension would probably be ".php3"). Because PHP 4 and
> PHP 3 are often not interchangeable, you may find that you need to
> install PHP 4 to get the scripts to work anyway.

Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.