[plug] Help setting up Apache/PHP on Debian

Mark O'Shea mark at musicalstoat.co.uk
Sun Mar 28 12:44:47 WST 2004

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, Chris Caston wrote:
> > Heh, well the excelent MySQL online manual gives quite clear instructions
> > for that...
>

> Okay I'll check it out again (I did have a brief look) one problem I
> always have with MySQL is that I type the commands exactly and it still
> gives me Syntax errors. The other thing is that quite often I do type in
> the commands and then it just drops me to another > when I press enter.
> When I was expecting it to finish.

Yes, when using the mysql command line client you need to remember that
pressing enter does not end the command, you need to terminate it with a ;
character (and remember to close any quotes or brackets first).

This should give you a user that you can use with leopard instead of using
the root mysql account:
GRANT all ON databasename.* TO leopard at localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'yourpass';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

just replace the databasename with your database name (remember to keep
the .* at the end, this says all tables on that database) and you should
be good to go, with user leopard and password yourpass.

Regards,
--
Mark O'Shea