[plug] Re:Kernel programming

Peter F Bradshaw pfb at exadios.com
Mon Mar 29 20:05:28 WST 2004

Hi Parag;

You don't hay which header you want to change. If it is the IP header
then I would lokk at ip-tables to see whether this will do it. This
package will allow you to a few IP header fields.

Actually there's not much you can change in the IP header and still call
it IP.

What you may be, in effect, trying to do is create a new protocol. Look
at raw(7) for details on how to do this.

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Parag Nemade wrote:

> hello,
>
> how can i acheive a pakets header modification and
> adding in the data part of packet a 8 byte of my own
> checksum and rebuild it and send to network device
> driver?
> For that i want to do it in kernel source code and
> rebuilding a new kernel?As i told you in my previous
> mail i am using a checksum on the basis of a string
> value
> calculated on current time on the linux machine
> configured as a router and it is exchanged between two
> adjecent routers and then that string used to
> calculate a checksum and attaches to data part in
> packet.
>
> parag

Cheers

--