[plug] PHP / mySQL - recursive query problem

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Mar 30 00:26:34 WST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 23:19, Ady Gould wrote:

> I have been battling using ADOdb / PHAkt (for Dreamweaver MX/MX 2004) with
> infinite loops happening :(

Can you work around it using a fixed, fairly large limit on the depth
and structuring your data in a way that doesn't require recursion?
That'd be my first response if I thought it was possible.

Alternately, maybe you can work around it by having a stored procedure
return the desired data, shielding PHP and DreamWeaver's poor brains?
Hmm... maybe not so much with MySQL :-(

Craig Ringer