[plug] Request for Advice

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Tue Mar 30 08:48:22 WST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:36, Onno Benschop wrote:
> In a message a few hours ago in response to a post by a list member I
> replied that I had the answer to their problem, but was unwilling to
> share the solution - given that I've just spent three years making it
> work.

> Of course, now the code is done, the solution is pretty obvious, but
> non-trivial.

> I find myself wanting to help the list member, but am unable to
> reconcile that with a requirement to "pay the rent" as it were.

I can't solve your problem for you.

I would contact the denizen off-list and find out where and how they're
doing this thing, and base my decision on the results of that
investigation. Your decision might possibly include an NDA.

If your solution is just one component of the application you pay the
rent with, not "the" pivotal feature, then its revelation is unlikely
to have a catastrophic effect. I don't have enough background data to
make any kind of call.

Cheers; Leon