[plug] Xandros workaround

Garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Tue Mar 30 19:31:34 WST 2004

Out of  the box, Xandros is pretty good..

However, I've found the default installation of realplayer-full (aka
Realplayer One) breaks when you install mplayer/libdvdcss from the
Marillat site. (deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main)

Also, mplayer-586 doesn't work out of the box for me.

To fix:

Install the free Realplayer
http://www.real.com/freeplayer/?rppr=freshmeat and it's then sweet. I
don't know WHY Realplayer One breaks. Tried removing and reinstalling,
no joy. The older one can live with mplayer though.. 8^)==

For mplayer-586, I needed to edit the /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf. Xandros
uses OSS, not ALSA.
Replace the ao=alsalx with ao=oss

Hope this helps someone.. 8^)==

Garry