[plug] Still not able to route to adsl

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Sun May 2 14:56:13 WST 2004

Hi,

Just to clarify: Bob, I thought you made the comment that "plugging a
host directly into the ADSL router worked fine" -- so I am assuming your
problem is with your Debian machine and its ability to provide a
relationship between your other hosts and your ADSL router. With regards
to your ADSL router: in normal operation, I don't see why it needs to
know anything about 192.168.0.0/24, because all those hosts will be
masqueraded as 192.168.1.2 by your Debian box (i.e. surely your ADSL
router needs merely be configured as though your Debian box's
192.168.1.2 address is the only client that exists).

PS. When I write 192.168.1.2, '2' is just a placeholder arising from my
aversion to seeing 'x' in the routing tables ;-) And where I previously
wrote a.b.c.d, I had forgotten to substitute .