[plug] Still not able to route to adsl

bob bob at fots.org.au
Sun May 2 15:17:17 WST 2004

On Sunday 02 May 2004 15:00, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> BTW, just to clarify, that's what you'd see for normal dial-up PPP on
> a gateway with two separate local ethernet subnets attached to it.  On
> a more normal home network with eth0 being the LAN and eth1 being the
> ADSL link I'd expect it to look more like this:
>
> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination   Gateway       Genmask         Flags MSS Window irtt Iface
> 192.168.0.0   *             255.255.255.0   U     0      0       0 eth0
> 203.69.131.96 *             255.255.255.255 UH    0      0       0 ppp0
> default       203.69.131.96 0.0.0.0         UG    0      0       0 ppp0
>
> i.e. eth1 has no associated IP address as it is used for PPPoE and so
> doesn't show up in the routing tables.

Ok, good to know that.

I am starting to get the feeling that you guys would prefer me to go bridged
mode and with the amount of traffic this tread is generating I'm sure
others, less interested, would like to see the back of it too so maybe I
should just do that then :).

Thank you one and all for your attempts to help. I would have preferred to
crack this but to be fair I can only take so much of the lists time and
attention.

--
"Irrationality is the square root of all evil"
		-- Douglas Hofstadter