[plug] iBook question

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Tue May 4 22:06:14 WST 2004

Chris Caston wrote:

| Two words:
| PPC Debian

While installing Debian is certainly my gut reaction to the question :-)
it's probably worth at least looking into Yellow Dog, which is supposedly
better integrated for Apple hardware.  I'd probably also look at
http://www.linuxlaptop.net/ to see what experiences other people have had
with the things.

Debian does have the advantage that after initially getting the
hardware running, it behaves remarkably consistently across
architectures.  Even the installer is the same after the initial
booting ("our installer may suck, but at least it sucks in the same
way on any hardware you can throw at it!" :-P)[1].

Cameron.

[1] I say this without having ever actually installed Debian on PPC;
however I have installed it on one non-i386 arch and heard others say
much the same thing about other architectures.