[plug] OT - Wireless, again

Kai Jones kai.jones at broome.wa.gov.au
Wed May 5 08:15:58 WST 2004

Hi guys and girls,

It's been some time since discussions about wireless and since then I've
done a bit of research and had a look around. Following Onno's advice I
was preparing to buy the D-Link products but I had a word to some people
at the North West Expo on the weekend and they're recommending Linksys
equipment, it might be a bit more expensive but apparently it's better
quality and since LinkSys is owned by Cisco that should be pretty sweet.

I'm currently reading up on Linksys' G-band wireless equipment, I'm not
too much up with wireless frequencies but they say G-band works in the
same frequency as B-band so they're compatible if we had any existing
wireless equipment (which we don't) but anyway....

Any comments and feedback are welcome
Thanks

Kai