[plug] Advice needed for laptop

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Wed May 5 10:17:49 WST 2004

Hi guys, I'm in the market for a decent laptop.

I've looked through linuxlaptop.com, but there doesn't seem to be any
discussion about how well particular lappies work with linux.
Linuxlaptop.org and .net are worse than useless, just pushing hosting and
domain names.

I have my eye on the Toshiba A10 at the moment (the price is nearly right)
- I would like any feedback from people who have lappies working with linux
as to what they have, how well it works, and whether they'd buy it again in
hindsight. Any comments on the A10 would also be helpful. The pedlar
(salesman) at the Toshiba place is quite happy that I take in a Knoppix CD
and try it.

Thanks
RichardM