[plug] [OT] Power supplies

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri May 7 07:03:51 WST 2004

In message <20040506131653.58E6B23ABC at ws5-3.us4.outblaze.com>
on Thu, May 06, 2004 at 09:16:53PM +0800, Ari Finander wrote:
> [...]

Occasionally, there are power glitches on the desktop circuits at UWA.
I remember, perhaps once a year, walking into a particular computer lab
after such an event and finding all the Sun/Apple gear fine and all the
PCs rebooting (was fun to infer this remotely -- "how come half the
machines have vanished?"). As with CRTs, looks like you can't blindly
trust what is sold as "office" equipment.

(Aside: Hi Chris, seems like the a significant number of your replies
are still going off-list.)