[plug] windows - a rant

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Fri May 7 11:54:11 WST 2004

Garry wrote:

> Decided to do a XP update this morning. What a trauma.

I find that on our internet connection at work (1.5Mbit ADSL),
downloading the updates is the quickest part of the whole process.  What
gets me is typically the installing part of it seems to take forever
(i.e. 15+ minutes).  And we're not talking about dead slow machines with
miniscule amounts of memory either... even on my home PC (which I play
games on - so its sufficiently fast), it seems to take a long time to
install the actual updates as well.

Its definitely not a painless process.

/ Ben