Streaming 6pr (was Re: [plug] windows - a rant)

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Tue May 11 11:56:49 WST 2004

On Tuesday 11 May 2004 09:35, Bennett, Phillip wrote:

> I'm not so sure mplayer can't do this...  I typed in 'mplayer
> http://6pr.com.au/live.asx' and it just worked! :)

Hmmm. What version of mplayer are you using? I was using
"1.0-pre3cvs20040404". Just upgraded to 1.0-pre4 and it still has the same
problem. Perhaps an older version works better?

> The only problem I DID have was that it was taking a while to fill the
> buffer (Default 8MB).  I took it down to 140KB and it works fine without
> skipping or anything.  I tried a few different levels to get the best
> result, and this turned out OK.  Also tried this with the triplej stream
> and it's great!

I suppose there isn't a WAIX/Parnet mirror/proxy of the TripleJ stream is
there? ^_^

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |