[plug] Fwd: Tu11May04: Help with printer

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue May 11 12:02:13 WST 2004

Message from non-subscriber. Replies will need to be carbon-copied
(unless you have the time to explain the list to him. thanks).

----- Forwarded message from TERRY DAVIES <chad47 at iprimus.com.au> -----
From: "TERRY DAVIES" <chad47 at iprimus.com.au>
To: <webmasters at plug.org.au>
Subject: Tu11May04: Help with printer
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 11:39:22 +0800

Hi,

I was given this address from "Linux Info" in Hilton in regard to a
problem I have at present.

I have just loaded Xandros because I wish to convert myself to the Linux OS.

Unfortunately the problem is with the printer, I can't get it
recognised, therefore I'm unable to print anything.

In the "drop down" menu, all printers listed do not include mine? My
printer is a Lexmark z25. Listed printers under lexmark go to z22, the
jump straight tp z31, therefore the system doesn't recognise my z25
Lexmark?

Is it possible someone can help me please, so I can get started using
Linux?

Regards,

Terry (chadd) Davies
Tel/Fax: +61-8-9401-7148