[plug] Presentation resources now online

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed May 12 02:28:54 WST 2004

Hi folks

I've made the resources I used in the presentation yesterday available
on the web.

See http://www.postnewspapers.com.au/~craig/rl/ for downloads and a few
handy links in utterly boring vanilla HTML.

If you want to try out some pages that dynamically generate PDFs, go to
http://www.reportlab.com/ and check out the Demos menu. They don't send
the PDF directly to the browser like the example I showed yesterday, but
they're impressive nonetheless. The application form demo, for example,
does a great job of showing what sort of forms you can make with
ReportLab.

The plain affairs I showed yesterday are close to the most basic output
you can create. I wanted to do a sample invoice that'd be a bit nicer,
but ran out of time. I'll add it to the page later if I get a chance.

Even better, make your own. I'd love to see a copy if you do.

Craig Ringer