[plug] Lindows...and Microsoft

Kai Jones kai.jones at broome.wa.gov.au
Wed May 12 12:11:35 WST 2004

In the same way Microsoft always knows what's best for us, apparently
they think they know what will confuse us, too...

Microsoft files new case against Lindows
http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/05/11/HNmsagainstlindows_1.html

Speaking of Lindows...I mean Lind---, I mean Linspire, I installed
4.5.393 on one of our laptops this morning, still playing with it but
for first impressions: the animated intro that comes with it is good !

The install is easy, and it took about 15 minutes !

It's boot loader is simple and straight forward, the start-up splash
screen is similar to your typical GNOME/KDE splash screen.

It runs Debian/1.5-2, with Internet Suite (Mozilla 1.5), OOo 1.1.0. XMMS
1.2.8...prolly check out Remote Desktop blah blah some time this afternoon.