[plug] lj2ps compiling problem

Randal Adamson ranz at devdata.net
Wed May 12 14:02:53 WST 2004

Or you could do that ;P

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces at plug.linux.org.au
[mailto:plug-bounces at plug.linux.org.au] On Behalf Of Ryan
Sent: Wednesday, 12 May 2004 1:32 PM
To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
Subject: Re: [plug] lj2ps compiling problem

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 13:15, Mark O'Shea wrote:

> Although, looking at this output it does look like at least part of
the
> app was actually compiled.  Have you checked that it hasn't made the
whole
> thing?

I just started replying back to the last one, scapped.  There was no
binary, but all the .o files, so I tried this (having no knowledge about
this except for doing it once maybe 6 years ago):

gcc lj2ps.o lj.o ljcmds.o ljfonts.o scan.o trans.o errors.o -o lj2ps

and it worked, woohoo.

Thanks,

Ryan

ryan at vaio:~/lj2ps$ ./lj2ps --help
lj2ps 1.2 (release): the correct syntax is
     lj2ps [options] [files]
If no files are listed, input is taken from stdin.
The following options are recognized (## indicates an argument):

    LaserJet II Front Panel Selections:                      Default:
        -c##     Number of copies                              1 copy
        -mf      Manual feed                                   Automatic
feed
        -fs##    Font source (left, right, internal, or soft)  Internal
        -fn##    Font number                                   Font 0
        -fl##    Form length                                   60 lines
    Page Orientation:
        -p       Portrait mode                                 Portrait
mode
        -l       Landscape mode                                Portrait
mode
    Page Scaling and Offsets:
        -xs##    Scale the width (x axis)                      1.0
        -xo##    Offset of left margin (x axis)                0.0
        -ys##    Scale the length (y axis)                     1.0
        -yo##    Offset of top margin (y axis)                 0.0
    Miscellaneous:
        -X       Print this syntax list
        -w       Do not print warning messages                 Print
warnings

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.linux.org.au