[plug] Version 2.0 of Novell Evolution to be integrated withExchange Connector

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu May 13 11:31:28 WST 2004

chris.griffin at swiftdsl.com.au wrote:
> Please excuse my ignorance, but...
> LTSP is?

Linux Terminal Server Project. It's a package of software including a
Linux kernel, X server, etc that's designed to be network booted and to
connect back to an XDMCP server. The LTSP includes the core netboot
software and kernel, plus some installation scripts and instructions to
set up the rest (TFTP, DHCP, XDMCP, etc).

It's pretty easy to get going.

The netbooted machines don't need disks, and can be booted over PXE,
using an Etherboot bootrom, or using Etherboot code on a floppy disk.
The user's interaction with the terminal is usually limited to turning
it on and waiting for the server login screen to appear. You can see the
same thing by runnning:

Xnest :1 -query localhost

after enabling XDMCP on your display manager (XDM/GDM/KDM), and
installing Xnest:

http://www.ltsp.org/

> Where did you find the up-to-date RPM's?

As above. I built from source not long after version 4 came out, and was
using version 3 well before that, but I believe v4 RPMs are now availible.

Craig Ringer