[plug] SATA chipset support question

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu May 13 16:45:51 WST 2004

Chris Caston wrote:

| I'm eagerly preparing to install Linux on a new system with a MSI 845Pe
| Max intel chipset motherboard sporting a Promise 20376 chipset that
| controls 2 SATA and one Ultra DMA ports.
[...]
| Anyone know if there is an installer that would support this?

You didn't specify distribution, but since you were asking earlier
about debmirror (and because Debian is God's favoured distribution
:-P), I'd recommend giving the beta4 sarge installer a shot.  If it
doesn't work, file an installation report - the debian-boot folks are
generally pretty helpful and want to see their installer achieve world
domination :-)

Cheers,

Cameron.