Misty eyes (wa: Re: [plug] Dead hdd)

Harry harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Fri May 14 16:35:35 WST 2004

On Fri, 14 May 2004 15:20:57 +1000 Onno Benschop <onno at itmaze.com.au> wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 14:52, chris.griffin at swiftdsl.com.au wrote:
> > I see your 300 baud and raise you a home build 110 baud modem with an
> > attached RS232 to 20ma current loop adapter, for running (at the time) a
> > KSR33 teletype (as a printer and paper taep punch/reader, upper case
> > only).
>
> I see your home built 110 baud modem and raise you a Commodore Vic 20
> with a Pet keyboard built into a wooden box with more expansion ports
> than you can poke a stick at...

will you lot stop fighting over the zimmer. the first calculator i used
belonged to a friends dad [uni biology lecturer] and you made it add by
winding the handle; just once. this was before i upgraded to the more
versatile slide rule and finally closed the log tables.

numbers -meant- something then, see

um .. i still have two LA-180 DECwriters; one even has the serial option.
does that count.

harry