[plug] Book of "facts" re Linux

Brock Woolf ultima160 at iinet.net.au
Fri May 14 18:32:02 WST 2004

Haha I just love it. That book sounded like an Amway pitch. Seriously I
read this book and it sounds just like a conspiracy theory. Like all it
is, is speculation and a compilation of assumptions designed to frighten
and scare you back to Monopoly Windows.

I mean look not to bag Windows or anything cause it's not that bad, i
just prefer faster efficient and free software. Presonal preference. If
you like paying big dollars for Windows and all the programs that come
with it and want a few viruses and trojans and love to pay to update
your virus scanner per year, like hey! who the fuck am i to argue with
that, go ahead... Bill Gates has done a tremendous thing to bring
personal computing to the globe and standardize it, and thats a good
thing, however a little healthy competition is always good for business,
it forces the competition to offer a better product, rather than sit
back and become complacent. And to be quite honest, I don't thing Bill
Gates would be trying (at least he is) to make his product better if
Linux/Solaris/FreeBSD/Apple were around. DO YOU?

And I wouldn't be surprised if that book was funded by Microsoft or some
company that had a controlling  interest in it. Let's face it people,
Microsoft is a business, businesses are all designed to make money,
including SuSE, Mandrake, RedHat etc... But if the Linux distros are
gonna try and make money off Linux thats fine by me because they help
the OS advance and charge initially but are forever bound by the GPL, so
you will always be able to get it for free....

But what the fuck maybe I am wrong....Richard lets all get our Linux
CDs/Hard Drives/RPMs and anything that involves Linux and have a huge
bonfire and all go back to Microsoft Windows. AFTER ALL, it is more
reliable, faster, more secure, has little to no viruses, is free, and is
superior in all ways. While we're at it. Because lets face it if we are
all gonna be that fucking stupid, all men lets cut off out dicks.