[plug] Small problem with cut

Sawan Vithlani vithlani at westnet.com.au
Mon May 17 00:52:05 WST 2004

Hello guys.

Thanks for your feedback. I like the below approach the best and am adopting
it. I like the Awk solution too....but it prints the konq pid as well as the
pid of the "grep kdeinit konqueror -session" in the pipeline. Can chop that
out with another "grep -v grep" in the middle but just wastes processes. The
Perl way is good and maybe you dont need to pipe it to cut as you can capture
the pid in the regex match and print it out.

But you can do it all in pgrep -f "konqueror -session" and it works!! If only
I could have understood the bloody pgrep man page properly......

Stay tuned for a couple of KDE DCOP tricks....

Sawan