[plug] Multifunction printers in linux

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Mon May 17 11:13:41 WST 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 11:04, Senectus - wrote:
> Sorry if this is a dupe.. but I don't think my last e-mail actually reached
> the list...
>
> Does anyone know if there is a linux supported multifunction printer out
> there? (ie scanner, printer, fax, photocopier etc) Failing that, of all the
> common brands out there who has the best linux supported hardware in the
> printer/scanner market?

based on this, I'd say HP:

ryan at vaio:~$ apt-cache search multi-function
hpoj - HP OfficeJet Linux driver (hpoj)
hpoj-xojpanel - HP OfficeJet Linux QT-based LCD panel display

We (where I work) have several of the HP 5000 series budget MFCs, the
_real_ ones that don't use GDI.

We also have a few of the T series.

You are welcome to bring a box in and play with one if you want to, I've
been meaning to see if I could get one running myself after stumbling
across the hpoj package while hunting for PCL tools last week, but I
really can't be bothered right now :)

Regards,

Ryan