[plug] Hi, Newbie here. Got some questions, please.

Lee Jamieson lee.jamieson at bigpond.com
Tue May 18 16:21:44 WST 2004

Hiya all,

I have just installed Mandrake 10.0 and the install went well.  I was a
WinXP user but now, after that relatively pain free installation, will use
Linux more and more.

I have a few questions, though.  Please excuse the "newbieness" of them :)
Please, though, can all replies be at idiot proof level :D I don't claim to
be the better idiot, but I come close. :)

I have a NT1 Plus II as my internet connection, connected via USB.  In my
cursory inspection of the GNOME work space, I can't find a - what in
Windows would be - a internet connection wizard.  Is there such a
beastie?  How do I get my NT1 Plus II to utilize both lines and have 128K
DVO.  I am not particularly conversant with Init strings for modems, either.

The Firewall that comes with Mandrake, can I have that running all the
time, and how much configuration do I need to know.  How do I get the
firewall *to* run?

Can I change the refresh setting on my monitor without having to name my
monitor?  I have a generic "viewmaster" monitor.

Anyway, that will do for the moment

Thanks in advance.

Lee Jamieson