[plug] Job: Web Analyst Programmer

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Thu May 20 15:02:37 WST 2004

On Wednesday 19 May 2004 16:40, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> Bret Busby wrote:
> | >
> | > https://wwwforms.murdoch.edu.au/pls/news/NEWSQIT$NITEM.QueryView?P_UNIQ
> | >UE_KEY1=3079
>
> [...]
>
> | The links on that web page, do not work well with lynx....
>
> They work fine with w3m (although they point to word documents!).  I
> can't get lynx to open the page at all.  Solution: if you have to use
> a text-based browser, use one which doesn't suck.

Were you using lynx with ssl support? ^_^

The News & Events site was not of my design, nor is it my responsibility,
although it IS on my list of Web Systems I'd like to wrest control of and
redesign (at least the interface). Lucky Applicants may even get this as a
task in the future! ^_^

As for the word docs - I know! I cringed myself. They could at least use PDFs,
but I guess that's a bit too complex for them at this stage. Sorry - another
part that was out of my hands. The docs are readable in OOo, although some of
the pagination is a bit wonky.

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |