[plug] Mandrake community or Mandrake 10 ?

ranime ranime at westnet.com.au
Sat May 22 11:40:43 WST 2004

Hi,
Several questions I have, hope someone can advise me please.

Mandrake Community or Mandrake 10 ?
I was looking at the Mandrake web site trying to find out the difference
between them ,Not having much luck.

Mandrake Community is reviewed in the June issue of APC mag.
They say it costs US $66 ?

Also the APC mag has a giveaway DVD (x7 CD ISO's) of Debian 3.0r2.
is this going to be any more up to date than Mandrake ?

What is the most recent version ?
Anyone care to clear this confusion for me please.

I have had no success trying to get apps like Audacity updated (to get
OGG output) and xawtv recording anything etc... Iam using Mandrake 9-1.

I have found that the Knoppix (Debian based) bootable CD , has all this
  working well with my hardware.

So, I wonder which installation will give me what Knoppix can once
installed.

Max....