[OT] straying from the facts - was Re: [plug] Book of "facts" re Linux

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Sun May 23 09:49:23 WST 2004

On Sun, 23 May 2004 08:36 am, Leon Brooks wrote:
<...>
> Seriously, if I can elide the quotidian parsiflage, abnegating recourse
> to scatologous disquisition, so can you!
>
> Cheers; Leon

Been reading the thumbing through the thesaurus, digesting the dictionary,
have you Leon?

I admit I had to look some of these up...

elide: Phonetics. suppress or omit in pronunciation. ????

quotidian: Recurring daily. Used especially of attacks of *malaria*.

parsiflage: ???
Did you mean persiflage? : *Frivolous* or bantering talk

abnegating: deny oneself (something); restrain, especially from indulging in
some *pleasure*;

scatologous: ??? even google has never heard of this one, but I can guess what
you meant :)

disquisition: a *long* and detailed explanation of a particular subject

So if I can paraphrase:

"Seriously, if I can suppress the daily frivolous talk, denying the pleasures
of resorting to crap in a long and detailed way, so can you!"

(now waits for someone to pick apart my post too)

Steve - Obviously nothing better to do on a Sunday morning...

--
"Most men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most pick themselves
up and continue on as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill