[plug] Annotating PDFs

Sham Chukoury chukoury at arach.net.au
Tue May 25 13:08:54 WST 2004

Hi folks. :)

I've been looking for tools that can be used to annotate PDFs lately..
Best I've found is Scribus, which can *produce* annotated PDFs, but
can't open PostScript/PDF directly. :( The workaround seems to be to
convert the PDF to SVG (maybe to PS, in between), then importing it into
Scribus. However, there doesn't seem to be good quality PDF/PS->SVG
tools out there yet. (Even the gimp can read SVG, but can't save to it)

Anyone else have better experience with annotating PDFs, using Linux
tools?

If all else fails, I'm thinking it might be possible to write a Python
app, with python-imaging and ReportLab libs, to do the job. Thoughts?
Hints?

Cheers
§:)