[plug] OOo default page size?

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Wed May 26 13:21:57 WST 2004

Russ Powers wrote:
> Anybody know how to get OOo 1.1.0 to default to A4 for a new document?

It's in a file called psprint.conf.  In Debian it lives in
/etc/openoffice/ but I believe that directory is part of the massive
changes that Debian inflicted upon OO.o to get it to conform to Debian
policy.  I'm not sure where the default installation puts it, but seem to
remember it being somewhere weird and nested deeply inside the OO.o
installation directory.

There are comments in psprint.conf to tell you what needs to be changed.
(Basically there's a line which mentions "Letter" somewhere, you make it
say "A4".)

Why (a) this is not configurable graphically; and (b) it doesn't even
attempt to use the system or the printer's default paper size is beyond
me.

Cameron.