[plug] Older debian packages

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Thu May 27 10:46:40 WST 2004

Hi,

Is is possible to retrieve older versions of debian packages, ones that
have dropped off the back of testing and been replaced with newer
versions?

Specifically, I have an application that works with the nvidia graphics
driver version 4496, but not with newer 5xxx versions.  I'd like to have
the option of going back to the 4496 version easily while I'm testing
things to see why this is, but nvidia-glx_1.0.4496-2.1_i386.deb isn't in
the archives any more, and I've done apt-cache clean a few times since
installing it.

Yes, I know that nvidia keeps the old versions around.  I would much
rather use the debian packages because they're a lot more convenient.

So, are the old packages available anywhere?

Thanks
Russell

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
On a normal ascii line, the only safe condition to detect is a 'BREAK' -
everything else having been assigned functions by Gnu EMACS.
        -- Tarl Neustaedter