[plug] More questions... please be gentle :)

Lee Jamieson lee.jamieson at bigpond.com
Fri May 28 12:15:41 WST 2004

Hiya all,

I have a few more questions if that's ok.  I'm still having problems
getting my NT1+2 recognized by linux, but I think I know where I have been
going wrong.  I need to install the acm.o module, but that only seems to
come in a kernel installation.  Should I re-install and try to find that
specific module, or can I install it without having to re install linux as
a whole.

Is it worth unplugging the usb cable connecting the NT1+2 to my computer
while in Linux and then plugging it back in again?  Would that help or
change anything?

I'm still very new at this so I need step by step instructions - or even
better, someone to talk to about it :)

Also, I have the LILO boot manager installed and have a question about what
it shows me on the selection list.

This is the list:

Linux
Linux-nonfb
263-7
failsafe
windows
floppy

I understand - obviously - that:
Linux = linux, Windows = windows, Failsafe = failsafe and floppy is boot of
a floppy.  I don't know what the other two are.

I would love to come to the Installfest in July, but it's on my wife's
birthday and I live 3.5 hours SSE of Perth.  I can't see any way of getting
there :(

thanks again.

Lee Jamieson