[plug] Apache + reinstall of WindowsXP = can't browse to my FQDN

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Fri May 28 20:30:22 WST 2004

Hi guys and girls,

I should know the fix to this, and I think it was fairly easy to fix but
I can't remember.....my server is running Fedora Core 1 and a few weeks
ago I reinstalled my Windows XP machine, before the reinstall I could
browse to my domain (www.vk6ksj.net) but after the reinstall I get
"Connection refused" when I try to browse to the FQDN and real IP from
my Windows box which is on a private subnet.

My Linux box and my windows machine are sitting behind my Billion
router, port forwarding passes requests from the router to Apache on
port 80.

I've set lmhosts and hosts files on Windows to show 192.168.0.1 as
vk6ksj.net but I'm sure there's a reg key or something on Windows I've
gotta modify to get the requets to Apache to work properley.

Browsing to local, private IP is fine but browsing to FQDN and real IP
address won't work.

I should know this and I'm annoyed I can't remember how it's done, any
suggestions or pointers to documentation are appreciated.

Thanks
Kai