[plug] New member with a few questions/problems

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Sat May 29 17:59:43 WST 2004

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 12:10:26PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> I just found a dual Motorola 68000-based board at work, complete with a
> great many little full memory chip sockets, etc. It's pretty cool. It's
> from our old typesetting system (and I mean _old_), "EPIC". I have no
> idea what it ran, or even in detail what it was - but it's cool to see
> those _long_, heatsinkless Motorola CPUs.

Did anyone else here build the 1616?  It was a 68k based kit from a
company called Applix in Sydney, run by Andrew and Kathy Morton, from
around 1988.  (That's the same Andrew Morton who is now 2.6 kernel
maintainer.)  Mine's still around in a box somewhere.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.