[plug] configuration RW

Harry harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon Nov 1 11:13:22 WST 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:33:13 +0800 David <davidatt at conceptual.net.au> wrote:

> hi all!
>
> i have got a samsung RW 52.32.52 i need help pls?
> to configuration it no my computer pls..
> it is a compact disc ReWritable Ultra Speed V 5.5

Hi David

Further information, David is running debian woody (the CA distro).

First questions:

Is the drive installed ?
If it is, did the installer plug it into the second IDE channel
          or is it on the same flat ribbon cable as your hard disk ?
Are it's jumpers setup to make it a master or a slave ?

With that information I can give you a command to get the
drive working as a CDROM first (using a simlink).

For other people on the list:

I use cdrecord at the command line so can anyone suggest an easy
to use burner under X (for woody) ?

The answer for sarge would be a help too because we are trying to
figure out the best one to install on the new CA distro. Various
developers (who know who they are) have screwed their noses in
various directions when apps have been suggested. We need to
decide the one which sucks least. If you have one your like, it
would help us to tell us why.

Thanks
Harry

--