[plug] Recommended local mail access method

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Mon Nov 1 13:18:30 WST 2004

Timothy White wrote:

> It appears that IMAP has different concepts of folders and mailboxes
> than Thunderbird. How can I easily create a new folder (In Squirrelmail
> or Thunderbird) so that I can have subfolders? All the 'folders' I
> create become mailboxes

Could you explain what you mean by 'folders' and 'mailboxes'?  I
generally use those terms interchangeably.  Also, it would help if you
told us which IMAP server you were using and which format you're
storing your mail in (if your IMAP server supports more than one --
dovecot does, for instance).

Cameron.