[plug] GPRS+IrDA Phones & Linux

Marc marc-w at smlintl.com.au
Tue Nov 2 14:57:17 WST 2004

Trevor Phillips wrote:

> Does anyone have much experience with getting mobile internet access
> via a Mobile with GPRS + IrDA? ie; Using a PDA or Laptop with IrDA as
> the console witht he Mobile as the internet connection. While it's
> expensive, at least GPRS isn't time-charged, so it's a more feasible
> solution for remote administration.
I've never got it to work yet.

I do have debian testing and for some reason I haven't got it to work. Thats
not to say you can't get it to work its just I can't get it to work.  I
think its a driver issue, since I'm using a laptop and there are numerous
driver issues I'm having, for example with my modem is not getting
registered not that I'm using it but its not recognised.

Anyways if you figure it out I'll have to have another look. :P

Marc