[plug] procmailrc script not working

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Tue Nov 2 18:39:53 WST 2004

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 04:42:41PM +0800, Paul McClumpha wrote:
> With your example, I think your matching  * and the other chars are being
> dropped because they are special
>
> Try this below, which should INCLUDE the special chars in the string match
>
> IE  /[PLUG/]

Slashes go the other way (\[plug\]), but yes [ and ] are special
(used for matching a character against a group of characters, eg
[a-e]).

> * ^Subject:.*\[plug/]

As others have mentioned, it might be better to match on other
headers so that off-list replies don't get filed in there also.
Personally I use 'List-Id', (or 'X-Mailing-List'), out of
preference.

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham dot com dot au>