[plug] Lilo + win98

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Wed Nov 3 10:52:44 WST 2004

Hi:

Since trashing my initrd.img and restoring it I've been unable to boot into
windows (unfortunately a necessity atm).  When I select windows from the lilo
prompt I end up with a black screen and a flashing cursor.

Here's my lilo.conf:

default="linux"
boot=/dev/hde
prompt
nowarn
timeout=100
message=/boot/message
menu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bw
disk=/dev/hde bios=0x80
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label="linux"
        root=/dev/hdf1
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="devfs=nomount acpi=ht resume=/dev/hdf5 splash=silent"
        vga=791
        read-only
other=/dev/hde1
        label="windows"
        table=/dev/hde
        map-drive=0x80
           to=0x81
        map-drive=0x81
           to=0x80
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label="failsafe"
        root=/dev/hdf1
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="failsafe acpi=ht resume=/dev/hdf5 splash=silent devfs=nomount"
        read-only

Have I hosed my windows boot sequence in attempting to fix my linux boot
problems?  If I have what can I do to fix it?

Suggestions?

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

> I get the following error messages at bootup, could anyone tell me
> what they mean?
> fcntl_setlk() called by process 51 (lpd) with broken flock() emulation
They mean that you have not read the documentation when upgrading the
kernel.
	-- seen on c.o.l.misc

Xaraya Content Management Solutions http://www.xaraya.com/